Friday, April 22, 2011

Fill in the Blanks Friday

{yellow and blue, taken in Berkeley}
Filling in the blanks with Lauren again.  (Side note: if you go read the other responses to this that are linked up on Lauren's blog, and you're like I don't get it - these responses are so not Ashley, then go read my post from Tuesday and realize that the reason I do this is not because I find similarities among myself and other bloggers participating but because I don't.)

1.   Fridays are       for celebrating!  I wish they were still half-days like in kindergarten.

2.   Sunshine, tax refunds, bin candy, and reality tv shows about weight loss   make me terribly happy.

3.  Something that inspires me is    Chihuly.  The exhibition of his work they did at the De Young in 2008 is something I still think about.  It was maybe the most exciting museum exhibition I've ever seen. (Feel free to disagree; I'm no art expert.)

4.  If I had the day off today I would     try to get my friends to play hooky and then go to Napa.  In a free limo.  And it would be warm.

5.  If I had to put a label on my home decor style, I would say my style is    mid-century mod lite.  I love me some mid-century Danish-style furnishings (see here for evidence of my love of Herman Miller-esque egg chairs), and clean lines are the only kinds of lines I do.  But usually I can't afford the mid-century stuff, and I do think that teak can get too heavy in small spaces (like the ones I've always lived in). So I like to keep it light and airy and fun with some more playful modern pieces.  Like this tree trunk side table that I've wanted forever but can't bring myself to spend the money to buy.  Or like my persimmon tables. I'm not into things that look vintagey or country; they just don't suit me.


6.  Concerning politics I would say I'm       not going to discuss it.  Brian for President, Leslie for dictator.  That's all.


7.  I'd like to go to       the royal wedding     so I could       wear a fancy hat.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm honored :)

But mostly I want to say that I love Chihuly too (although you already knew that).

And also that I'm only friends with you because your answers are different (but again, you already knew that).

Ashley said...

Next time you run for dictator, you'll have my full support ha.

and thanks :) that's why we're friends.