Monday, March 14, 2011

Veeps


There's nothing like being within photographing distance of a celebrity to make you feel like a veep (veep being, of course, the Italian pronounciation of the American acronym V.I.P.).  Last summer while working in L.A., I spotted a few celebrities, the most notable being Jessica Simpson in a tragic red romper in the parking lot of Hamasaku.  I was probably cropped out of that picture.  Just sayin.

This weekend I added to the celebrity sighting list when Brian and I happened upon free tickets to a sit down chat sesh with the cast of Eastbound and Down as part of the Paley Center's TV Festival.  It was at the Saban Theater, where they have a bar and even let you bring your drink to your seat!  Just try not to spill your wine all over the seat next to you...not that that happened to me or anything...



{inside the theater}

Now.  I don't watch the show, and if you know me and you know the show, you probably have no qualms about that.  But (surprisingly) I think I could enjoy the show.  Maybe this is Brian's lack of filter for his TV watching preferences rubbing off on me, but no joke, I thought Kenny was hilarious.  Plus, Danny McBride and Jody Hill (the creators/writers) are both from NC (and I still claim that state even though I only know what exists within the confines of Duke's fake-old stone walls).  So basically, they're my peeps.

And no, of course I didn't take any pics of the actual celebs.  What do you take me for, a tourist?

P.S. have you seen this yet?  You will laugh.

No comments: