Monday, October 24, 2011

L.A. Faves

{for what it's worth}

It's getting fancy over here at Newly!  If you take a peek up at the top of the page, you'll see that there's a shiny new tab sitting there, just waiting to be clicked!  The (quite straight-forwardly titled) "L.A. Faves" tab has now joined party.

Yep, that's right, another list.  It was necessary, I swear.  You see, I've been thinking about how I haven't written many restaurant posts lately, and to be honest, it's because not every restaurant inspires a post.  Some restaurants stand out to me so much that I just want to tell everyone about how wonderful they are (like this one and this one).  The same is true for when I don't have a great experience, like my first time at Oscar's (but of course, I'll tell you if I change my mind).  But other times, I have a completely enjoyable experience yet I just don't feel like a full post is necessary.  At the same time, I'd like to continue collecting a list of my favorite spots, as much for me as for all of you.  Having a list to keep up and posts to write holds me to my self-promise that I would really get out and see this city and take advantage of what it has to offer, and it also (hopefully) gives some of you an idea of where to go if you live in L.A. or come to visit.

So the solution, of course, was another list (when is another list not a solution in life?).  This weekend, I made a list of all my favorite spots, organized them by occasion, and gave it it's very own "L.A. Faves" page.  Now, you can click on that tab any time and see what I'm loving at the moment, and I'll still write an occasional post when I find a place that I just can't keep to myself.  Convenient, no?  (Side note: I realize that right now, most of the places are on the West side because I'm still in the process of eating my way around this city, but I'll keep updating both my L.A. List and my L.A. Faves as I go, promise).  Now, I know I'm no culinary expert, but I'm always so happy to get a recommendation for a new place in this giant city, so I'm hoping that my recommendations (whatever they're worth) will help you out, too!

And as always, if you have any tips for me of new places to try out, please please share!!!  Now go check out my faves!

No comments: