Wednesday, September 14, 2011

An Anniversary Photoshoot by My Mom

I'm so lucky to have a mom who is a fantastic photographer.  Besides the fact that we get to have fun learning and experimenting with photography stuff together, it also means that I get to have pictures like these to put in my family album.  Plus, it's so much less awkward to have your mom take pictures of you than it is to have other people do it.  Like, so unawkward that I even broke the "always BYOB for PDA photoshoots" rule, and it was still fun.  Really.

My mom shot these at Baker Beach in SF last weekend.  It was the perfect excuse to wear this dress I bought that I always want to wear but it never really seems appropriate for the occasion (umm maybe because it's long and flowy and white...).  

The morning got off to a foggy start (in true San Franciscan fashion), but the sun came out toward the end and you could almost see the top of the bridge!
  
Most people usually splurge on wedding photos and then never really take the time to take real photos again (unless it's for one of those awkward Christmas cards), but I think it's really important to have a record of your life together, and not just your wedding.  Because when you're old, you'll need whatever you can get to remember what it was like to be young.  And because you need something to convince your children that you were once cool(er).  So forgive me for loving these photos, even if they are a little cheesy :)  Thanks, Mom, for being the most awesome photog ever!

3 comments:

Rebecca @ Frugal Fashion Mommy said...

These turned out so darn cute! Your mom is an excellent photographer =)

Ashley said...

Thank you, Rececca! And yes, she sure is!

Owais said...

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. daycare photography in Penrith, Central Coast and Sydney