Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Different Space to Grow

Lately, I've been thinking a lot (and obviously not writing a lot).  
I'm at a place in my career and my life where I feel a little lost, 
like I can't quite see the path through the fog.
I know,  I know, it's such a mid-20s "find yourself" cliche.
But I must say, it's a bitch.  
I wish I had been here earlier, younger,
when life's doors were wide open (and seemingly free).

But here I am.  
It's a private, contemplative place to be, which for me,
does not translate easily to this screen and this public place.
And so, as I wrestle with my own self, and try to figure out what I really want from
the next year, 
five years, 25 years, 50 years of my life, 
I'm taking a step back from this blog, creating a different space to grow.
I have so loved writing and posting here, and sharing my life with you, my friends and family.

I'll leave you with a quote that has been inspiring me lately, and I hope it brightens your day, too:

That which you love, you must spend your life doing, 
as passionately and as perfectly as your heart, mind, and instincts allow.
And the sooner you identify that bliss,
which surely resides in the soul of most human beings,
the greater your chance of a truly successful life.

- George Lois (from Damn Good Advice)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Will you be writing / posting / growing your photography skills elsewhere? I have always enjoyed your posts. I understand if you want to continue in a more private manner, but in case you feel like continuing to share you know where to find me (poppiesandicecream@gmail.com) You were one of the blogs that inspired me to start... I love your writing and photos...

Anonymous said...

(Shurangama Sutra and Mantra)(Kṣitigarbha)(Avalokiteśvara) (Mahāsthāmaprāpta)(Amita Buddhaya)(Bhaiṣajyaguru)
The Twelve Vows of the Medicine Buddha upon attaining Enlightenment, according to the Medicine Buddha Sutra are:
To illuminate countless realms with his radiance, enabling anyone to become a Buddha just like him.
To awaken the minds of sentient beings through his light of lapis lazuli.
To provide the sentient beings with whatever material needs they require.
To correct heretical views and inspire beings toward the path of the Bodhisattva.
To help beings follow the Moral Precepts, even if they failed before.
To heal beings born with deformities, illness or other physical sufferings.
To help relieve the destitute and the sick.
To help women who wish to be reborn as men achieve their desired rebirth.
To help heal mental afflictions and delusions.
To help the oppressed be free from suffering.
To relieve those who suffer from terrible hunger and thirst.
To help clothe those who are destitute and suffering from cold and mosquitoes.

James Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.